Monday, October 27, 2008

Saif loves playing the dog - for Roadside Romeo!

There is some serious heavy petting going on, and Bebo’s not the only one poochie-cooing. Roadside Romeo is out, and we believe, Saif Ali Khan’s quite a bow wow factor in it. The star has given the voice over for the animated character, Romeo, and he’s loved the dub-a-dub. Here’s more:
Q. What made you do this animation?

The idea of doing an animation film was exciting. In fact, of lately, I’ve been hooked to a lot of animation myself. Shrek, for example has mainstream commercial American actors lending their voice to characters, and it sounded like an interestingly creative thing to do, to just act with your voice for a film where animators would create the character. That enthused me.

Q. Which is your favorite all-time animation character?

I think Shrek would be pretty high up there.
Q. What was it like rapping for Cool Cool?

Putting your voice to a track is quite exciting and Salim (of the Salim Sulaiman duo) made me feel very comfortable and explained it to me. Again it’s another side to acting, of being creative, and I really enjoyed it.

Q. Tell us about Romeo

He is very young, energetic, slightly foolish and very pure hearted. He’s just totally driven by love and having fun.

Q What according to you can the audiences look forward to in this film?

I think the quality of animation is really top class as compared to some of the big animated kind of comics and cartoons that we have seen internationally, I think that’s the USP. It’s not everyday that you get mainstream actors to do voice overs that too for dog, in Bombay for a love story! It’s extremely well told and beautifully drawn. Jugal’s done a great job.

No comments:

Post a Comment